Writing material, stamps, and envelopes, must be purchased through commissary.
Clothing: Clothing may be purchased through commissary unless brought within three (3) business days of the inmate being booked into jail, no exceptions.
Items that may be brought within three (3) business days of arrest:
- 3 T-shirts, white or gray, short sleeves, no pockets
- 3 pairs of crew socks, white or gray
- 3 pairs of underwear, white or gray, no pockets, no draw strings
- 3 bras, white or gray, no underwire
- 3 paperback books; any combination of books including word search. Books may be denied due to size or content. No graphic material accepted. No magazines or newspapers.
- 1 Bible which is not included in the three above listed books
- 1 deck playing cards or card type games
- 3 photos, no larger than 4×6
All personal hygiene products such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste must be purchased through commissary.
Money to be placed on an inmate’s account must be mailed in the form of cashier’s check or money order. Make cashier’s check or money order payable to Payne County Sheriff’s Office, in the memo note the inmate’s name.
Cash for Payne County Jail inmates is processed through the Kiosk on the first floor of the Payne County Courthouse. The kiosk accepts cash, credit cards, and debit cards. Cash will not be accepted at the lobby window or through the mail. Money can also be added to an inmate’s account online by visiting Tiger Correctional Services and following the prompts. Add icon for tiger and Inmate Phone System.
Inmates may not release funds from their Inmate Account. Upon release to the streets, inmates are given a cash card. If released to another agency, a check is written and sent with their personal effects.
There will be no exceptions to this list. If an item is not listed or if you have a question, contact the jail administrator, Reese Lane. Any items left after release over 30 days will be donated to the Salvation Army, or disposed of accordingly.
Mail for inmates must go through the US Postal Service. Inmate mail will not be accepted through the lobby window. Please refrain from using glitter, lipstick, perfume/cologne, or stickers. If these items are received, they will be returned to sender. Musical cards and newspaper clippings will not be accepted.